Show #6: Working Together While Apart (Virtual Teams)
August 17, 2006 by Phil Montero
This week we discuss strategies, technologies, and trends for virtual teams and remote collaboration. Thanks to Jim McNeill for joining us as our guests on the show.
If you missed the show you can listen in below or download the MP3 file.
Show # 6: Working Together While Apart
The increase in outsourcing and advances in communication technology have both forced and allowed many organizations to explore virtual teamwork; while new to some, freelancers and artists are accustomed to working this way. Joined by artist and freelance graphic designer Jim McNeill, we discuss the challenges and benefits of virtual teams and collaborating across distance.
Here’s what we covered:
- In the News:
- Top 5 Virtual Team Tips: From our book 2-Minute Virtual Team Tips. You can also download a free tip book on our resource page.
- Our Guest: Jim McNeill, Artist and Freelance Graphic Designer. Be sure to check out the Jimplex (for some fun Flash animations) and find out more about these tessellations. Jim has been sharing his talent with us for years and is responsible for almost all our logos including The Anywhere Office, You Can Work From Anywhere, and MusicIsland.
Other Resources (including some things we mentioned in our Top 5 Virtual Team Tips):
- Online Virtual Offices and Shared Workplaces:
- Free Conference Call Services:
(for real time discussions, meetings, and brainstorming)
- Ze Frank on communicating via email – the always irreverant zefrank with a lesson on email communication
To listen to the show you can use the flash player below or download the MP3 file. Use the PLAY IN POPUP link below if you want to use our flash player and roam the web while listening.