Show #9: Work Unchained – Work where and when you want with a virtual office
September 6, 2006 by Phil Montero
This week we explain the concept of a virtual office including the different types of virtual offices and their uses. Thanks to Guillermo Rotman of Regus for joining us as our guest on the show.
If you missed the show you can listen in below or download the MP3 file.
Show # 9: Work Unchained – Work where and when you want with a virtual office
Whether it’s a web-based collaboration service or an actual physical office that you can use on an as needed, on-demand basis virtual offices are empowering teams, entrepreneurs, and small businesses. This show will cover the ins and outs of all types of virtual offices and new ways to collaborate. Phil and Jason will be joined by Guillermo Rotman president of The Regus Group Network for the Americas, the world’s largest provider of outsourced workplaces for companies of any size.
Here’s what we covered:
- The rise of virtual offices: We look at the way that working and workplaces have changed to embrace a more mobile, flexible style of work.
- Different Types of virtual offices: We explore the different types of virtual offices and how solo professionals, teams, and companies of all size are using them to improve productivity and collaboration. Smart phones, free web-based collaboration tools, web-based virtual offices, and physical virtual offices.
- Websites and Resources:
- Yahoo Groups and MSN Groups – setup a shared collaboration space or virtual office for free. Basic features include calendar, discussion boards, document and photo storage.
- Webex Weboffice – Professional level web-based virtual office. Shared contacts, calendars, documents, task lists, and more. Get everyone on the same page. This is what we use at Montero Consulting.
- How Virtual Ofices Work – Good article that guides you through some of the issues you have to deal with when setting up a virtual office. They also discuss some of the advantages and disadvantages of operating solely in cyberspace.
- Guest: Guillermo Rotman, President of The Regus Group Network for the Americas, the world’s largest provider of outsourced virtual offices and workplaces for companies of any size.
To listen to the show you can use the flash player below or download the MP3 file. Use the PLAY IN POPUP link below if you want to use our flash player and roam the web while listening.