Show #3: Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail
July 26, 2006 by Phil Montero
This week we took a look at the differences between business continuity and disaster recovery as well as some strategies and technology to help you and your organization prepare. Thanks to Brian Donahoo from Citrix Online for joining us as our guest on the show.
If you missed the show you can listen in below or download the MP3 file.
Show # 3: Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail (Business Continuity in the Changing World of Work)
There are many potential obstacles that can interrupt a company’s ability to do business as usual: inclement weather, natural disasters, special events, transit strikes, and skyrocketing transportation costs just to name a few. Phil and Jason talk with Brian Donahoo of Citrix Online, makers of GoToMyPC and GoToMeeting, to explore how aspects of the digital lifestyle can address and overcome these obstacles. As the Zen proverb says . . . The obstacle is the path.
Here’s what we covered:
- News: VOIP makes phone system hurricane-resistant
- Tech Talk: Automating Backups (Second Copy and iBackup)
- Guests: Brian Donahoo, Vice President of Products and Services, Citrix Online
- Music: Music leading into breaks “Don’t Know Where I’m Going” compliments of Andy Simon
To listen to the show you can use the flash player below, download the MP3 file, or use one of the links for your preferred format:
- Listen with Windows Media Player
- Listen with Real Player
- Use the PLAY IN POPUP link below if you want to use our flash player and roam the web while listening.